Thursday, September 15, 2016

A world of assembly meals

I have been obsessed with baking things and assembling them into meals. It all started when my mom told me instead if frying her veggie burgers, she puts them in the oven. It is sooooooooooo much easier and they turn out soooooooo much better.

You can just mash up black beans with a fork, add some egg(s) and breadcrumbs, but here's a recipe if you want one. The secret is adding wet ingredients (egg) or dry ones (breadcrumbs, oat flour) until you are able to get a good consistency for patties.

Anyway, I have since been inspired to make falafel... never thought of it! I used this recipe and just wrapped them in tortillas and tomatoes, but next time I will try finding pita bread.

And vegetarian meatballs! Also in the oven. My friend told me she saw some on Nigella Lawson's show and I'm not sure if these are the ones, but it's a great and adaptable recipe here. See before and after of falafel above and "meatballs" below.
PS The tomato sauce I make for everything consists of a jar of crushed tomatoes, a couple tablespoons of water, a dash of red wine, some honey, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment