Friday, October 06, 2017

Controlled chaos

I made homemade bread for the first time (not as hard as I thought) and angel cookies for the feast of the archangels. I want to be able to bake a simple treat for our favorite saints' days, but I guess I have to be humble enough to admit I can't do everything I'd like to do. 
Whenever I am trying to do anything other than play with the monsters kiddos (cooking, cleaning, etc), I have to temporarily allow for some controlled chaos of messes, taking things out of their places, playing with things they probably shouldn't be playing with, etc (see pic of kitchen above). And these days, if we don't have a calm morning in which I pay attention to Addie, she won't sleep for her nap. Then we all suffer and she will conk out at another random time like she did on the day of the archangels at three o'clock (also see pic above). 

No comments:

Post a Comment