Friday, May 12, 2017

100th anniversary of the apparitions at Fatima

Today the Pope will be arriving in Portugal for the 100th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions. We won't be going, although I have this twinge of remorse, and kind of wish we were. But it really seemed impossible with two tiny children, our upcoming travel plans, and the 8 million people that are estimated to be there. I hope we can watch a bit of it on TV.

Meanwhile, here is a conference by Christopher West, given in Fatima and about Fatima, that my husband and I were privileged enough to have been present at the month before we got married.



I am astounded by how little people actually know about the message of Fatima. But I guess that's how God works, in small and hidden ways. I also recommend reading Blessed Lucia of Fatima's four books written by her.

"As I shared with the pilgrims, digging deeper, the precise link, I believe, between John Paul II’s TOB and Fatima lies in Mary’s mysterious words about the “errors of Russia” and the promised triumph of her Immaculate Heart. John Paul II’s TOB is like weed-killer sprayed on the deepest roots of the “errors of Russia.” As such, I believe the TOB plays a critical role in preparing our hearts for her triumph." -From here

No comments:

Post a Comment