Thursday, September 06, 2012

8 reasons for lifestyle blogs

Why should anyone keep an online diary, sharing private moments of their lives with strangers? Here are 8 reasons I love reading lifestyle blogs, write a lifestyle blog and think they can serve a purpose: 
  1. They are visual and beautiful. Everyone knows "beauty will save the world" (Dostoevsky), right?
  2. It's interesting and cultural to see how other people live, both those close to us and around the world. 
  3. Because that's the core part of life: "In these pages I tell secrets... because that is one way of keeping track and becasue I believe that it is not only more honest but also vastly more interesting than to pretend that I have no such secrets to tell. I not only have my secrets, I am my secrets. And you are your secrets." (from aholyexperience.com)
  4. Focusing on lifestyle, hobbies and interests can be a common ground between people with religious or other differences. We might not agree with another person's beliefs or religion, but we can nonetheless like their lifestyle.
  5. They have ideas and inspiration for new ways of living and looking at life.
  6. It's a fun way to keep in touch with and share pictures with loved ones that are far away. My parents and my friends (and second family!) in the US, for example, live far away. 
  7. It helps focus on what really matters in life and makes us happy: "factors that matter for home, such as possessions, marriage, time, parenthood, body and neighborhood."
  8. It helps focus on the simple and small things: a cup of tea, a chat with a friend, pushing a child in a swing. Or, as seen below, a cup of coffee and a wonderful "couple's sharing time" I had with my boyfriend this summer!

Any more ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment